Monday, February 13, 2012

Less is more

I'm really getting into this style of card making and enjoying it very much. I've always gone for an uncluttered look in my work (you wouldn't believe that if  you saw my craft studio lol) and this morning I decided to take part in the new challenge, which is to use stripes on your card, at the Less Is More blog. I've been really busy for the last couple of weeks so this makes a nice change. Having said that I'm back on a wedding tomorrow.


The stamp is from Pink Cat Studio and I've had the set for years and have used it loads :) I coloured the image with Prisma pencils on their own as I didn't want anything to soak through the card like Promarkers or Sansador would! I used this image as she is sat on a striped hat box and stripey thing are definitely lacking in my craft stuff. I don't know if the ribbon counts as another layer and whether it should be removed till I've blogged it but I'm sure someone will tell me and I can always remove the ribbon and photograph it again ;)


Thanks for looking and for all the lovely comments you leave. Also before I go, can anyone recommend any other challenges and I'm also looking for some decent sentiment rub ons if anyone knows of any. I used to buy MSE and Crate rub ons but the craft outlet I bought them from has closed down and I'm finding it very difficult to source them.


Right, off to make tea now.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just FAB Jackie!! I love the stamp and, as you know, I just love CAS!
xx

Chrissie said...

Lovely stripy hatbox Jackie.
Pretty CAS card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Angelnorth said...

Great bit of creative thinking for the stripes there Jackie - cute card! Minimal embellishment is OK even on a one layer card so I think your ribbon should be fine!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Another excellent example of thinking outside the box to get your stripes. A lovely image beautifully coloured. Thank you for your visit earlier and your kind comments. xx Maggie

Mandi said...

Super sweet card Jackie
Love that hat box. I have a bit of a thing for them, love them
Thank you
mandi
"Less is More!