Sunday, November 08, 2009

Papertake Weekly

Sketch # 27

Good morning from a wet and miserable Sunday in Scruff's Corner!

I've worked my little (well alright, large) butt off this week and am back to working into the night to keep on top. For the first time since I've been in business, I still have wedding orders coming in. Up until this year, they have died off about October and started agin in January which has given me a clear run at Christmas goodies. I have a jewellery party booked, another shop interested in my jewellery and loads to do for Christmas so will be burning the midnight oil well into December me thinks. I love my job and still, after five years, take it as a great compliment that people are prepared to part with their hard earned cash to buy my work. I feel so lucky to be able to sit every day and get paid for a job I adore :)

So, onto the challenge, I love the simplicity of Dawn's sketches, they definitely suit my style. I love clean and simple lines and much as I try, I can't seem to manage cluttered or shabby chic......I think it's a classic case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it!! :)

Materials: papers - Pink Petticoat, ribbon - Ribbon Oasis, Sizzix dungarees and everything else is from my stash

Thanks for looking.

No comments: