Sunday, January 04, 2009

Secret Crafter's

Saturday challenge #13 and my first one of the year.
I needed a get well card for my ex MIL as she had not one but 2 heart attacks last week!! (Ex's family are really going through the mill at the mo - it was Florence's funeral on Friday!)
Anyway, the template is another good one so I decided to give it a try :)

The striped paper is Je T'aime My Mind's Eye and has to be one of my all time favourite papers (so I only use bits at a time :)) The stamp is one from Imaginisce Snag 'Em stamps that I bought a couple of months ago but have only just showed it an ink pad LOL and the punched butterfly is using a beautiful glitter card from my latest design kit by Debbi Moore, take a look, it is gorgeous!!

I also needed a quick card on Friday as we made a donation to the hospital who looked after Florence and this is what I came up with, it was a very difficult card to make!
The stamp is again from my design kit and everything else was from my 'left overs' box-I am detemined to empty it this year!!!
I'm now finishing my DT cards so I can get them in the post tomorrow.
See you later :)

8 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Jackie and so bright and cheerful too, love the stamped image and the papers is gorgeous :) thanks for joining us at SCSC again this week :) Donna x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

sensational card jackie

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

hugs jane x

Sue said...

Hi Jackie,2 very lovely cards and pretty colours.Hope your ex MIL soon gets better:)

thanks for joinng us at SCSC:)

sue
xx

Simone said...

Hi Jackie! Both cards are really gorgeous!
Greetings from Germany
Simone

Jill said...

2 gorgeous cards Jackie, great idea using up all your scraps thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Cathy said...

Fab cards. Love the colours in you Secret Crafter sketch. Hope the ex MIL is Ok
Cathy xx

aardvarkpest said...

Both great cards Jackie, very pretty colours too.

Phree said...

Lovely cards, well done on trying to use up those left over bits - something I am very guilty of not doing nearly often enough.
Phree (SBS20)