Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bye Bye

I had a leaving card to do for DH's boss, from the office, so it had to be a big one to fit all the signatures on. I knew what I wanted to do but putting it into practise was a different matter. The card is so simple but it took me ages and I finally finished it a 2.45 yesterday morning. DH has nown since August that his boss was leaving and said he would find me something to go on the front of the card................He actually sorted it on Tuesday evening and the card had to go into work yesteday. He did this with the last leaving card I made them so I've told him that the next time he does it I won't make one! Men!!!
I used two A4 sheets of card fastened together with Doodlebug brads. DH found the train ticket online and messed around changing the destination etc in Photoshop so I decided to make a wallet to put on the front. I used brown leather effect card and acetate.

I then decided that as train trave can be boring with delays etc I would change the ticket into a little book instead of just leaving it flat!
I found some free train colouring pictures and a dot to dot on the internet and bound them together with my Bind It All. The boss hasn't seen it yet but it's a hit with the rest of the office :))
I was also commissioned to make some more Post it Note holders and a 'second' birthday card.
Assorted papers, ribbon, die cuts and charms are from my stash.
I decided to make this one into a shaker card and used some more of the Sprinkles from Debbi Moore's web site. Paper is K & Co, ribbon is from Ribbon Oasis the Sugar Nellie image was stamped for me by my friend Andrea (thank you!) and I coloured her (the image, not Andrea LOL) with my super new ProMarkers from Wendy at Secret Crafter, die cuts are all Quickutz, 2 was cut on the Robo and the sentiment was generated on the computer.
I've got another couple of commissions to do today and I must also try to start my own cards (!) I also need to make a couple of Christmas prezzies so I can get them in the post and we are braving town today to try to finish off the last bits of gift shopping. I shouldn't moan really as I've done most of it online :)


Take care and TFL xx

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Fab stuff, Jackie

men, eh?

Unknown said...

Fab cards, especially the leaving card and the post-it holders look great and brilliant idea. Joanne x