Monday, October 13, 2008

Challenge corner!

Cor crikey, talk about catch up at great speed! I have actually started putting Christmas cards together today and the challenges are such a great help. I've managed 10 cards today and done seven assorted challenges :)

The cards below are all for challenges on the Just Bex forum
The first one is for
October Challenge 1 - On the Straight and Narrow
Make a LO or card please using blocks, squares, grids or and lines.

The backing paper used is a striped one from one of the older K & Co boys bads (how's that for a description!?!) The embossing was done using a set of Christmas Cuttlebug folders and mounted onto the striped paper then onto silver mirri card. The sentiment is a small Studio G Christmas stamp.
FRIDAY CHALLENGE 3rd October 2008
SING LOUD and while you are singing craft a LO or a card or an altered item whatever BUT the song you are singing MUST influence your design


The image is one of the downloads from Sally-Ann's site

I coloured the image with Sakura Glaze glitter pens and used Debbi Moore's Rainbow Special glitter (is gorgeous and fine) for the snow. Cuttlebugged background again and another Studio G sentiment stamp which actually says "let it snow" which I stamped three times.......it's a wonder you didn't hear me singing as I was making this card :)

October challenge 3 - The White Stuff I've had a LO in mind for some time. My pic was printed, my journaling written and was just left to paper shuffling. I just couldn't feel happy with it though and kept sticking it back on the pile again. Then during a 'QOTD' discussion, Lythan mentioned about liking white space on projects and this was exactly what I was wanting to achieve on my LO. Great idea for a challenge I started thinking and suddenly the same afternoon, the LO was finished and a card was made too.... My wedding anniversary card below fits that challenge ;)

Friday Night Challenge - 10th October - Animals
Anway, back to the plan A challenge. Quite a simple one, no twists....simply make a LO or card featuring at least one wee animal please. How tough can that be eh??!!!

The paper used on this one is from the Anita's Classiic Christmas Red Papers pad. There are some lovely papers in this pad and best of all it was free...........my mum gave it to me :) Rudolph was in a RAK I received from a friend a while ago, I just added his googly eyes and nose.

I'm going to upload each challenge in it's own post as I don't know how to make the post title "clickable" so I can place a link on the relevant blog, so that's it for this one!

No comments: