Saturday, October 11, 2008

All things bright..............

.....and I'll let you make up your own minds as to whether it's beautiful or not! LOL The DCM Dare this week want us to make a bright card (it sure made a change from making Christmas card toppers :)) Bright! Clashy is good, hot colours are good, anything super duper bright is good too. I had to make a leaving card so decided to make this my bright card. I will apologise in advance for the 'dull' image but the lady in question is in hotel management so I decided to put the image in a business suit!
The image is Pink Petticoat New Job which has been coloured with Prisma pencils and Sakura Jelly Roll Stardust pens. I've used assorted papers from my 'left overs' box (and still haven't made a dent in the pile!) the ribbon is from my 'end of roll tub' and the sentiment was done on the laptop.

The next four cards were really quick makes. DH was dj'ing last night at a 50th birthday party and has a 60th birthday party tonight but the hotel didn't know whether the party 'persons' were male or female so I made two of each.
I used assorted bits from my left overs box and ribbon tub. Numbers are cut using Curlie Wurlie alphabet, sentiments are computer generated and MSE rub ons and the flowers used are all Prima.
My last card is for my mum and dad's 51st wedding anniversary tomorrow.

I used a rub on from a quote pad but can't remember who made it as I've lost the front cover! The hearts are Sizzix and everything has been mounted onto silver mirror card and the white satin ribbon is from Ribbon Oasis and I just finished it off with a couple of clear diamantes.

It was my brother's 40th yesterday and he loved his album he said it was "the best present ever" :)

Today I have a seating plan to make and tomorrow we are going to York to meet up with MIL. She is up this weekend on a coach trip so as we don't see her all that often (she lives in Somerset and DH works most weekends which makes visiting a problem) we said we would go through for a couple of hours for lunch.

I hope you have a good weekend whatever you are up to and would love to have you comment on my blog. :)

Take care.

8 comments:

Lythan said...

Wow you have been busy. I love all the number cards - simple, fun yet classy at the same time. But of course my fave is the deffo bright AND beautiful first one. I think the bright colours suit her sober outfit!

artfulstampin said...

lovely cards! love the big numbers!

SueH said...

Looks like you’ve been very busy again Jackie, with all those wonderful cards on show.
I love the way you’ve used up some of your scraps to make your card for the DCM’s dare…the colours are perfect.

Hazel said...

A lot of lovely crafting to see, as usual.

Tanya said...

Very beautiful cards! Love the colours!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow Jackie ,so many stunning cards ,fab work ,Dawnxx

Jacqueline TresBella said...

did you say that you altered the bella card? I've never seen one like that. Your cards are neat!

Jacqueline aka TresBella

Kathy said...

oh-oh Jackie's been busy again! The DCM card is fab - the mix of brights with the sober colour of the business suit really works well. All the number cards look fab and the wedding one is just gorgeous