Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Right outside of my box!!!

Crikey talk about tough! Today it is Lythan's turn to set the little extra over on the Daring Cardmaker's blog and she has come up with a fantastic tutorial which can be seen here and here is the starter :)
Hello there, it is Lythan here with the second in our occasional tutorials. I'm going to share something I absolutely love doing - adding a little extra to patterned paper.To do this you need to chose paper with quite a bold pattern. Papers such as those by American Crafts; the more modern K and Co; Sassafrass Lass and Scenic Route are good places to start. I am using Piggy Tales in these examples. I love these papers as they are so bright and colourful and also have a matching plain colour on the back. This technique works well for cards using punches and loads of white space. They often solve my problem of what to put on men's cards!
Here is my card and it is so not me!

The house and cloud images were downloads from Marieke's blog last year and all I did was to 'glaze' the windows and door with Glossy Accents. The flower is a silk one, not sure where from and the journalling circle is from Cherry Arte. It was in a cardmaking kit from the Scrummy Stash Cafe Again, this was bought last year! Not sure what the paper is as it was from a kit from Sarah's Cards I doodled around all the flowers with a black journalling pen and a white gel pen.This is what the paper looked like to begin with

Not much difference is there? I also doodled faux stitching on the Doodlebug page frill and the yellow Bazzill Bling square with a white gel pen. It doesn't show up very well though. I actually made this card for parents as they move house next Wednesday...............I shall let you know what the reaction is. LOL

My second card was made for a challenge by Nickynoo over at the JB blog and she says "Here we go with a nice 'n' easy card challenge for you.......... Make a card with a number on, any number! It doesn't have to be an age card, I'm thinking maybe 'text-speak', or some kind of play on words - in fact, I'd love to see what you can come up with that isn't an age card! Here's mine - ok, I went for the easy option."
And here is my creation again

This card was way out of my comfort zone too, thanks Nicky :) The papers and birds are from a Kate Hadfield download which I bought a few weeks ago. The letter U and the bookplate are both covered with the same paper and it has all been inked with a pink chalk ink pad. The greeting and number 2 are computer generated.

I finished a wedding order this morning too and that has been collected by the couple this evening. It has been mad here all day so I am going to bed shortly. I hope you are having a good one whatever you are up to.

Take care.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the clever doodling jackie

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Wow Jackie it is lovely :)

Andrea xx

Nickynoo said...

I love the effect of your doodling, really makes the pattern stand out. And I really do like the birdies on your other card, might have to get me some of them!

Nick said...

great cards twinnie-love the doodling!

Kaz said...

lovely cards.

Lythan said...

I think the doodling makes a big difference (but then I suppose I would :) ) great job Jackie!

SueH said...

Fantastic cards Jackie....just beautiful.

Loving the little house one.

Kate Hadfield said...

What lovely cards, the doodling really gives the house one some extra oomph! I'm a big fan of doodling! :)