Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Copper top!

I've just finished my card for the DCM Little Extra and.......................I love it!!! It's not very often I say that, but I'm really pleased with this one. The remit today is We are introducing a new series to our little mid week dares, based around traditional and anniversary gift themes to inspire a design. We are not necessarily looking for an anniversary card (although obviously that’s allowed :) the card can be for any occasion but it should be inspired by the gift theme of the chosen year.Now, we could start with 1st Anniversary, but that would mean you'd be able to guess the next dare in the series, and that would be too easy eh? :) So we've decided to pick the dare year randomly and we are starting off with'The 7th Anniversary'We’d like you to make a card inspired by the Traditional or Modern gift themefor a 7th Anniversary, which is……'Wool or Copper'
The papers are from the Sugared pad by Basic Grey and K & Co mat stacks. The sentiment was printed straight onto a piece of co-ordinating paper, using a selection of fonts, which was then cut up and edged with copper ink. The key was cut by hand from a template which was a freebie from PaperCraft Inspirations and the copper heart is from my stash. I can't remember where it came from as I bought it about four years ago! I've left the greeting off as I think it could be used for lots of different occasions.

I've done really well now and remembered to photograph these bookmarks before I've wrapped them in tissue (I usually have to unwrap them :))

They are both made using AB Swarovski crystals and Czech beads and sterling silver charms.

I'm now going to parcel them up and get them in the post.

BFN :)

12 comments:

Jennifer Buck said...

Cute, cute, cute! ...Super cute! Love these both! You're awesome! TFS and have a great day! :)

Lythan said...

beautiful card and those bookmarks are just GORGEOUS!

Jay said...

Neat card! And very lovely bookmarks! Wow!

Melissa Goodsell said...

That's a really sweet card. I love how you've used the key and heart to convey the words.

Enfys said...

I love it too, and the bookmarks are just fabulous.

Rachel said...

Lovely Card and the bookmarks are gorgeous Jackie

Rachel

SueH said...

I love the clever way that you've put your card together Jackie and the colours are beautiful.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love how you worked the sentiment through card. And those bookmarks are stunning.

Sarah said...

Jackie - your card is gorgeous!

michelle said...

beautiful card and i absolutely love your bookmarks !!

Judy said...

Lovely card and gorgeous bookmarks, Jackie!
JudyNZ

Kath Stewart said...

Love the card and the earrings are gorgeous