Friday, January 11, 2008

Another challenging day!

Why is it when you have something you really must do, it's harder to get your head round? I should be designing some new wedding stationery ready for a wedding fayre in a couple of weeks and what have I been doing?.............Colouring!!! Well I have actually been stamping, colouring, mounting and making cards for challenges! Tomorrow I do wedding stationery. LOL

So firstly we have the DCM challenge
Me and My Shadow
Hiya fellow darers, Jane here ! How are you all ? This weeks dare is a hard one !! Sorry everyone, but it had to be done !! :)
I want you to create not just one but TWO cards ! But wait........there's more ! I want both cards to contain the same embellishments and papers, ribbons etc- but arranged in a different way for a different occasion....the only thing being different is the wording....I'll let you have different wording ! (How nice of me eh?) I'm well aware this is a really hard challenge, and that I have thrown everyone into 2008 off the deep end....but go on- give it a go - I DARE YOU !


















The stamp used on both is Hamish in kilt who I think is just adorable! He is coloured again with the shimmer paints from The Works (courtesy of Lisababe) (I know the darker blue is Phoebe by Basic Grey but not sure which one as I'd cut the bottom off :)) The lighter paper and star brads are from my stash and I think the round swirl brads were from one of the kits from Scrummy Stash Cafe Greetings were done on the laptop.
My next card is for another challenge, this time over on the JB forum and this time it's a template.
Again the image was stamped and coloured with the paints. The paper is pink haze and was embossed in the Big Shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Ribbon and ballet shoe button are from stash.
My final challenge was a Di Hickman template and this is it.
Another card for DH to give to a couple for whom he is DJing. I love this lily stamp but only 'rediscovered' it just before Christmas. Charms and paper from stash.
The following cards were made simply because I had the images painted, on my desk! Rubber stamps for both of these cards are from Pixie Dust on ebay, charms and ribbon are from stash and the papers again are from my scrap box.


The final image (as if you didn't know) is City Divine by Penny Black. Flowers are Prima and the brad is Doodlebug.
Today is my stationery day. I am actually waiting to start a wedding order. I ordered all the card last week and it came on Wednesday but part of the order was missing and I can't start it till the pink card gets here, as it's an important element in the design.This is my reason for being up an about so early on a Saturday-to catch the delivery man if he comes, so he doesn't put a card through the door thinking we're out. I did start blogging last night but it was after 11pm and I was tired. I actually sat and watched tv for a change. I still feel lousy after the horrid cold I've had for the last 9 weeks. I went to see the do last Monday only to be told that I have a severe chest infection and my right lung is filling up with fluid. He gave me antibiotics and I have to go back on Monday to see if I need a stronger dose. :(
I am now going to make another cup of coffee, add my cards to the relevant challenge places and blog hop for a while. There are some seriously talented people around out there and the diffent styles etc are so inspirational.
Enjoy your weekend, thanks for looking. X

10 comments:

Sue said...

goodness you have been busy LOVE the cards

some of my fave stamps


http://web.mac.com/dougandsue

Andrea, said...

Fab cards, you have been so busy. Love the Hamish in the kilt, he is so cute

Kathy said...

Crikey Jackie, you're making far too many cards atm - slow down woman, you're making me dizzt

All are tab!

Samm said...

Lovely cards, you have been busy!

I've added a link to my blog and I've added these cards to my Birthday Blog Candy Challenge!

Samm
x

Clare said...

Wow, what a lovely collection of cards, you've been really busy!

Jo said...

You have been a busy girl AGAIN! Great cards Jackie. Still feeling no better? Hope you recover soon x

Unknown said...

WOW! You've been busy! How lovely are they all though?!

Anonymous said...

wow you have been busy great array of cards:)x

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been busy,a great array of cards :)x

Spot-On said...

Wow all those cards, you been super busy! Love them all, you did a great job on them!