Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mixed bag...........

........of bits this morning and I will save the best till last ;))

First up, I have done the little extra midweek dare from DCM and enjoyed it again. This is what is required this week Fee Fi Fo Fum.....For our Little Extra challenge this week, we'd like you to "Go Faux it" Yes, all we want you to do this week is to use something fake on your cards. For instance you could make fake ribbon, fake brads or fake chipboard - we think you talented folk can come up with lots more "let's pretend" ideas so we can't wait to see your ideas.
I have used faux stitching, faux ribbon, faux brads and faux diamonds!
My next piece is a challenge from Sue over on the Just Bex forum We had to
I think this may be hard?? but a little different?? what we want you to do is MAKE/CREATE a pressie for a child...maybe your own or a neice or nephew or one to sell on your craft tables. You can use ANY medium you fancy
This is what I came up with
Closed Front and back covers (idea taken from the maze books)

Inside with part word cards. The instructions are stuck onto the front of pockets. Instructions and small cards have all been laminated.

All the words from the pockets. Days of the week are blue and months are green. I used this a lot when I worked at school. I can be made more difficult by making the cards all one colour!


And now for the best bit..............I am now officially on the design team for Debbi Moore and I am just so excited. I've been sat on this news for about 2 months but seeing as I got a call this morning saying that I should have my first kit by the end of the week, I thought it would be ok to tell everyone. :))

10 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Love your DCM card, the ribbon looks fab!

Great idea for the gift and huge congrats on the DT!

Sue said...

well done Jackie FAB NEWS

how on earth did you manage to stay quiet

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea, said...

The DCM card is brill, the "ribbon" is very effective.
Like the kiddies present as well.

Lythan said...

Great card - but even more importantly HUGE CONGRATS on the design team gig! I look forward to seeing what you come up with

Jo said...

woohoo! well done Jackie, that is fantastic news about the design team :)

Gorgeous card and fabby present :)

jo xx

Cheryl said...

Very pretty card! Love those stitched hearts.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Great faux card.

Oblibby said...

Well done on getting on the DT Jackie. Can't wait to see your creations.

Kid's pressie is fantastic.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love the DCM card and the gift is wonderful - brilliant idea!