Friday, June 08, 2007

Samm's challenge

...........over on the Just Bex forum is to make a Father's Day card without using the words Father of Dad on the front so here is my take on the card.


I used a cream textured card as the base card and to mount the 'greeting'. The blue tag is from a tin I got in Lakeland ages ago (and I keep forgetting I've got them). The ric rac and the tiny buttons are from Crafts by Carolyn and the charm is from Create n Celebrate (it is actually their featured product this week.) The greeting is a rub on from the Father Sentiment sheet by Royal and Langnickel

We were taken out for tea last night by my eldest daughter and went for one of those all you can eat Chinese buffets. It was really lovely and the food was gorgeous but I am so thirsty this morning. DS didn't come with us as he doesn't like Chinese food. We called for him a pizza on our way home! I was going to do allsorts when I got back but couldn't move so made the card above.

The blackbirds are growing really fast at the moment. I went out to check on them yesterday and they now have feathers. I will see if I can get another photo later today. No point in waiting for the sun to come out though, it's forcast to be another grim day. This is the third one on the trot and not only is it grey and miserable, it's not very warm either. I think I might have to emigrate to Zakynthos for part of the year ;) If only it were that simple.

2 comments:

Samm said...

Another great card! love that cute little boat and the ricrac waves!

Samm
x

Lythan said...

I love this card. And "the boss" is a great idea